Thursday, January 7, 2010

Hello! Welcome!

Hi there!

Let me start off by saying that I am new to this blogging thing. Heck, I'm pretty much new to writing down much of anything that rattles through my brain. I've attempted over the years to write a journal, but I've never really stuck with it. As a matter of fact, I am still keeping the one year diary that I started when I was 9 years old. Here is a sample entry from those days...

"I got up. I had cereal for breakfast. I went to school. I came home. I did my homework. I watched some TV. Now I am going to bed."

Creative genius! Later, I did attempt here and there to keep journals, but they always fell by the wayside after a month or two. Most of my writings went to bulletin boards, which is both good and bad. I spent many years at Nobbytalk, and it's pretty cool to go back and see what we were talking about in those days since a lot of it is saved. Later, I went to Pregnancy.org where I mostly chatted on the February '06 forum about my son. Two problems there. First, everything good that I wrote there is gone. The site itself only kept a certain number of posts. But even if it saved everything, I was banned because of something really stupid. I much prefer to get banned because I deserve it! The second problem was that what I was writing there, I SHOULD have been writing in my son's baby book. Now when I look in his book, it is woefully incomplete. Oh sure, I wrote down the cute and silly stuff that he did. But I didn't write down crucial information that I'd like to look back on now that I've got a 5 month old. Instead, I'm relying on my Mommy brain, which is about as functional as a ball of lint these days.

So enough of that inane prattle. Let me introduce myself! My name is Natalie. I am the stay-at-home mommy of a nearly 4 year old boy, hereby known as JD, and a 5 month old girl, hereby known as L. I am married, have 2 big dogs (a Basset Hound and a Newfoundland) and 2 small parrots (a Green-Cheeked Conure and a Senegal). The purpose of this blog is 2-fold. One, to share my thoughts on various things, and two, to have a more permanent baby book. I figure I'll get more written if I am typing instead of writing.

Time to head out for now. JD woke up complaining of sore big toes. I guess his 4T footie jammies will be retired today. Now he wants to do some puzzles, which I figure we'd better get to before little miss L wakes up!

Until next time... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment